Wednesday, May 5, 2010

May 8th, 2010

Mom's Stuff:
It's amazing how much better I feel about everything now that I have a full draft of my master's synthesis. It is not done by any means - I am still waiting for comments and feedback from my professors and I have a big presentation in a couple days, but the bulk of the writing is done, and I'm getting to take a few days away from it so that when I do go revise it I can see it with fresh eyes. This has allowed me to spend the last few days working on getting some basic stuff done: cleaning the house, doing laundry, checking e-mail, calling people, etc. It is amazing to me how much more energy I have now that I don't have to worry as much about getting my writing done. I'm realizing how much brain power it takes to think about how to figure out what you are going to do next when you don't know if "next" will happen in five minutes or 2 hours (or at all!) It helps a lot that now LP is getting a slightly better schedule and is able to entertain himself for longer stretches of time.

LP's stuff:
Speaking of entertaining himself, LP is doing quite a good job of keeping himself occupied. I can now stick him on the activity mat for 20-30 minute streches before he gets tired and cranky. He has also started sleeping in his crib instead of the bassinet, which has been going well. LP had his 2 month check-up yesterday and all was well. He is right on track with weight at 11 lbs 2 oz and he is doing a great job with his social smiling and following objects and light. The doctor said that pretty soon he would be ready to bat at objects hanging above him (which all our loyal followers have seen him do for weeks) so I figure we don't have to worry about his hand/eye coordination at this point! He was a very good baby with his shots and he only cried a little. Then we came home and he hung out with his aunt and was all better!

Pictures/Video:
A note about the pictures - if you want to see the picture better, click on it. Your browser should open another window or tab with a larger version of the picture.

LP preparing for his Calvin Klein shoot


Rrrrrr! Show that toy who's boss!


Look at me Dad!


No comments: